Sunday, March 16, 2008

Crazy Week

Hi Girls,
I cannot believe it has been so long that I have written in my blog. Time does go by fast. Last weekend "White Lighting" Kays SUV, took us to three quilt shows. We had so much fun, I cannot believe the talent that is out there. I took a few pictures of my favorite quilts. At one of the shows they had a bed turning, that was really neat. It was with all old quilts.


Sorry, put this quilt on side ways and cannot delete it or turn it. How do you do that?

On Sunday I went to my friend Ilenes house. I worked on my binding for my Fatty Fatty quilt. I did get it done. I don't know if I am crazy about the colors. When I was at MN last year someone told Ilene that you are better off getting your own fabric rather than ordering a kit. Maybe she is right. I had the Fatty Fatty quilt quilted by Amy Albrecht, in MN. She does such a great job. Also done, is this top that I am sending to Amy, it was the club project for Thimbleberries last year. I didn't add all the borders, since I have a double size bed.











Today I am going to work with all of my projects, and try to get them in some kind of order. As I said, my goal is to get alot done this year and not buy another project to do until these are done. Has anyone ever started a challenge for getting your projects done? I know it isn't a race, but I really need to get alot done and maybe a challenge would be motivating. I don't know if anyone else does this, but when I get home I do dinner then sit my fat ___ down and watch TV. I am in a horrible rut. Then around 9 I start eating. Yesterday I was ashamed of myself. I sat down in the afternoon around 2 and didn't do anything else but watch TV. There is no reason for this. I don't even do hand work, I just sit there and stare at that stupid box!

The TV is not going on today. I am not going to sit and watch anything till 8 tonight. This is why I do think a challenge would be a good thing. If anyone has done this before or can help me set something up, please let me know. I think it would help me out and maybe others out there in blog land. I am sure when I go thru my things today, I will be adding more to my list of to do's.

Today I also need to get ready for my Dinner and Quilt night Friday at the Quilted Garden. I will pull some things out to work on. Then the next weekend I will be gone for 3 days to a retreat. There will be 8 of us going and we are all going to work on our own projects. I can't decide if I should take 1 big thing to work on, or a lot of little things to work on and finish. Any ideas?

Well I better go and get busy, I will post a picture of my projects when I get them together. Don't forget to let me know if anyone has done a challenge or is interested in doing one with me. I do think it would be fun.

I created my name on a site where it should come up every time I post. I am hoping this works, all I can see before I post is the HTML code. Keep your fingers crossed.
Until next time,

signatures.mylivesignature.com/54486/99/9FE99B029C0800F94725B132AF9891F9.pn

9 comments:

Patti said...

Looks like your signature didn't work. That's just what happened to me also! Every time I start thinking I'm really computer saavy something like this happens to me LOL!

I'm up for a challenge also. All I can think of is to have some blogger host it and offer a prize. That's what May Britt did in January. She asked each participant to post a picture of a UFO and then leave a comment on her blog so she could go see the picture. Then when the UFO is finished the participant is to post another picture and leave another comment on May's blog. She gave a prize to the person who completed the most projects in January. The winner finished 24!!!! Most of them were small projects as it turned out. She also put everyone's name in the hat for each project they finished and then gave another prize to the person whose name was drawn.

Melanie said...

I simply love the basket quilt.

Darlene said...

There you are! Wondered where you've been?

Love the quilts - I'm crazy about the one with the baskets. Very cute! Your Fatty Fatty quilt is very nice.

Ginger Patches said...

Cute quilts!! Sounds like you have a lot of fun quilting activities coming up!! Have a great time at your retreat!

Lea said...

Oh, My, This basket quilt is SOooooooo cute!!! I love it!
Thank you for sharing so many beautiful quilt pictures!

MARCIE said...

Hi Beth, your basket quilt is great. You have to turn it in your photo program before you load it onto your blog. Can't imagine why it won't delete??? Try it again, maybe blogger was having a bad day.

~Bren~ said...

To delete you have to highlight the pic and then push the delete button on your keyboard. The signiture needs to be added in the settings, not on the post. If you need help with it just e-mail me.
Your quilts are beautiful. I love basket quilts!

Anonymous said...

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog.

I love the basket quilt and all your other work. Nice! We have kids similar in age. This is an interesting time for us, yes?

Have a great retreat and it is nice to meet you!

Chelle said...

Wow, the quilts are gorgeous! Bet you had an awesome weekend. I'm looking forward to a report and pictures.