Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I AM BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well it has been a while since I have posted again. My son was home from college, and I spent alot of quality time with him. He stayed when I went to my retreat.


I am really glad he stayed,he is going to babysit my 18 year old daughter. We only have a few weeks left of high school. I just want her to graduate and then decide what she is going to do. Needless to say she gives me a run for my money. Does anyone out there have a problem with their 18 year old daughter? I think I would rather raise 10 boys instead of another girl. She has always been very dramatic and self centered. I really don't know where she gets it from, her brother and I are not that way.

It seems like I have had more problems with her since her dad left. He will be gone 3 years on May 1st. He just left, we had no idea that there was a problem. Since I am feeling sorry for myself right now, I am going to go on so I don't have to talk about this anymore. Maybe it will make me feel better. Like I said, he left on May 1st 3 years ago. One week later he served me divorce papers. What a slap in the face. I had to sell my beautiful house, move to an apartment. David my son left that August for college. When he left I really started having problems with my daughter. Then the divorce was final last March 20th. In April my husband married a 27 year old woman.

Then in May last year I had to put my little dog to sleep. He got sick one day and two days later I had to let him go. I had to move again, cheaper rent. Then Easter Sunday the kids came home and told me that they are going to have a new brother or sister in November. Mind you my ex-husband is 46. I know it shouldn't bother me, but that really hurts. He doesn't even help his own kids. Well enough of this long story, I just need to move on, but that is easier said than done. We were married 22 years.

Since we have talked last I went on a shop hop in IL and MO. It was alot of fun, I didn't like many of the shops in MO. Not alot of quality things to look at. This last weekend I went with my friend Ilene to Champaign, IL to the U of I. It was mothers weekend. This is the 3rd year I have gone with her. My daughter stayed with a friend, so I didn't have to worry about that.

I also had surgery two weeks ago today. I had to have some cysts removed from inside my uterus and then they did a dusting and cleaning. I was off that whole week. Also, my computer crashed at home. I will have to install my camera disk at work so I can share pictures. Thanks for listening to my tale of woe's. I will write soon and share some pictures of what I have been doing.

Is anyone going to Paducah quilt show? I am going on Thursday April 24th. Can't wait.

Until next time Beth

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Hey, it's nice to 'see' you! I hope that you've recovered from your surgery and dusting & cleaning. :-)

I raised a daughter and it did have it's trials and tribulations - trust me you'll get through it all. You deserve a hug or two!

Chelle said...

Goodness Beth, nobody told me you were having surgery! I hope you're feeling better now. See you Tuesday night? If not I'll be on the bus with you next Thursday!

Ginger Patches said...

Well you have had a rough go :( I had the same thing happen with my ex-husband about 7 years ago. He left for a younger woman. Very sad for the kids..well for everyone. My heart goes out to you. I will tell you that time does wonders for the heartache, it's hard to believe when your in the middle of it-- but it's true. I will keep your family in my prayers :)

On a happier note have a great time in Paducah. I wish I was going!!!

Jeanne said...

Sometimes we just need to vent. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I'll be in Paducah, too.

Kristie said...

I hope you are feeling better after your surgery. That is what we are all here for...when you need to vent!!! My Mom and Dad had been married for 34 years when they divorced. We were all grown but it was still hard. Then my dad turned around and married my mom's best friend...hmmmmmm... makes you wonder doesn't it?? Life will get better!
Kristie

Melanie said...

Sounds like you stumble, but never fall. I've got an 18 yr old daughter as well. not easy. Paducah will be wonderful...