Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Great Weekend







I just can't believe this weather. Sunday it was 79 degrees here and yesterday look what happened. Go figure!


I really got alot accomplished this weekend. I put binding on my Pumpkin Blossom wall hanging and my Party Pumpkins wall hanging. I am making labels for both before I put them away for fall. I am behind, can you tell? Or should I say I am ahead. I have a few more fall projects that I am working on too. I hope you can see some of the beautiful quilting Amy did.

















I also finished putting the top together for my basket quilt. I am sending this and my Thimbleberries club quilt from last year to Amy in MN to be quilted. She does such a wonderful job. She does the quilting for Lynette Jensen (Thimbleberries). She is so nice to work with, I just send the project to her and she sends it back. Amy is located in Hutchinson, MN across the street from Main Street Cotton Shop and Lynette's studio.





I am putting the finishing touches on the retreat. I am making cards with the information on them telling the girls what to bring, times, etc. And I am also cutting the retreat project that we are going to do. As soon as I get these done I will take pictures so you all can see them.

I also traced my first block for A Quilters Journey. Did I mention that I hate to trace!!!!!! I am happy that is done, now I can start stitching.













Is anyone going to participate in the Quiltathon? It is over at Patchwork Times. I signed up and did get alot done, but couldn't figure out how to post on the Quiltathon site. I pulled everything, off the site that I needed to figure out how to put my projects on, so I can do it the next time. Lets all join and see what we can get done. It really motivates me to do something instead of sitting there watching TV.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a wonderful day!



































9 comments:

Unknown said...

We've had really odd weather as well, even though you probably don't want the snow, it sure is pretty. Love your Fall wall hangings, isn't it a great feeling to be able to cross them off the list. The baskets look wonderful.

~Bren~ said...

Well you must be in So. IL because in No Il we never saw anything close to the 70's! I think it was in the 40's here. I want Spring SO BAD!!!
Your projects are wonderful!!! I love the baskets!!

Jeanne said...

Your fall projects are gorgeous. I love them! You're not behind, but way ahead of the game for this year. The basket quilt is beautiful, also. The weather is nuts all over. Where is spring?

deb said...

Love the fall projects, its my favorite time of year!!!! And your weather is crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Ginger Patches said...

Your quilts look great! And I love the pumpkin in the quilting!

Gena in Dallas said...

The Pumpkin Blossoms project is to die for!!! I've always thought fall projects were the best! Thanks for the glimpse.

Wendy said...

You are definitely ahead and ready for fall, I love the pumpkins.
The basket quilt is wonderful and how lucky to have such a great quilter to finish it for you.

Chelle said...

The weather sure has been a killer! We got a foot of snow out of that last "little" storm. It still hasn't all melted. Ugh!

Missed you on Saturday at Camp Wannabe.

Have I mentioned recently how bummed I am that I'm going to miss the retreat?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love your basket quilt. That is beautiful. Have fun on your retreat.