Thursday, February 14, 2008

MY FIRST BLOG!!!!!

Welcome to my blog and Happy Valentines Day. I have been reading all of these wonderful blogs long enough, so I have decided to create a blog myself. I am not very good with the computer, so everyone will have to bare with me.

First let me give you a little background info. Like I said in my profile I am a single mom with two childern. My son is in college and is 21, and my daughter is a senior in High School and is 18. I am single going on 2 years now. My husband of 21 years left one Sunday and didn't come back. I had no idea there was a problem. That Friday I was served with divorce papers. What a shock to my kids and I. The following year he re-married a 27 year old, need I say more? Enough of that storey, my life is really getting better every day, and I have the sparkle back in my eyes.

I started quilting in 2002. I love to quilt, embroider, cross stitch and stamp cards. I am hoping someday to have a room for all of my wonderful hobbies. On the quilting side I still send my projects out to be quilted (longarm) but I do the rest of the process. I have met such nice friends since I have started quilting.I belong to two quilt guilds and one stitching group. I really enjoy going to the meetings, the show and tell is always amazing. I have listed my projects I would like to get done this year. I am really concentrating on completing what I have before buying more, I know boring. Good luck to me. I am sure I will find a lot more UFO'S and list them later. This is a picture of what I am working on now, I thought I would get my fall things done so I can use them this year.

Tomorrow I am going to take a day of vacation and go to my local quilt shop for a small retreat. I will be there all day. Pictures will be hopefully posted on Saturday. I hope everyone will enjoy stopping by and reading my blog.









draft
5:52:00 AM
by Beth
1 – 1 of 1

17 comments:

~Kristie said...

Hey Beth! Congrats on your blog! Looks good to me :) Can't wait to see what you do at your retreat...

Karen said...

Hi Beth - Congrats on your first post in blogland. Looks great and I love your projects that your working on. Looking forward to lots of posts and seeing fun projects.

Happy Valentines Day
Hugs - karen

Jeanne said...

Welcome, Beth! I look forward to reading your blog and seeing your projects.

His Office, My Studio said...

Welcome to blogland. I also live in Illinois. I will stopping by often.

antique quilter said...

Hi Beth welcome to blogland!
Your first post is great! can't wait to see more of your work.
Kathie

Beth said...

HI Beth! Congrats on your new blog. We can't wait to see what you are working on! There seem to be alot of Beth's that are quilters...I'm even a "BKS" (the 1st 3 letters of you blog!)

Kristie said...

Hi Beth!! I'm Kristie, just not the same Kristie as the first one! Welcome to Blogland!! Life can sometimes be difficult! My parents split up after 34 years! He is now remarried to my Mom's used to be best friend! Gee, I wonder how long that had been going on?!?

I love your projects that you are working on! Very nice!!! I can't wait to see more!
Kristie

Mar said...

Congratulations! Welcome to Blogland!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Welcome to blogland. I've added you to my google reader...so I'll be back again!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Hi there and WELCOME aboard. Blogland is amazing and I love to meet all these crafty women out there.
Hope to see you around....
Regina in MI

Rose Marie said...

Welcome, welcome ..... and have fun!

Carole said...

Welcome to blog land Beth! I'm glad you decided to jump in! It's truly wonderful. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on your images. Blogger, for some strange unknown reason, does not let me view images. I cannot even post some of my own! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Roseanne said...

Hi Beth thank u for having a looking at my blog . Blogging is so much fun and friends can keep up with your work .Come a cross any time .I am making a wedding quilt at this moment as I talk. well I better get back to it as i have only got 3 weeks left to finish it !!!!

Ginger Patches said...

Welcome to Blogging!! I can't wait to see pictures from your retreat! I'm a single mom with a similar story so I feel your pain..but it gets better every year! I'm glad the sparkle is back in your eye! :)

Chelle said...

Hurrah! I'm so excited that you are blogging now! I went straight to Bloglines and added you to my list. :o)

Angela said...

Welcome to blogland. We seem to like the same craft themes. Happy blogging.

Unknown said...

Wow Beth, I'm impressed. I'll visit your site often.