Monday, February 18, 2008

Quilting Weekend

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. I was really nervous about starting my blog. What a great weekend, Friday I took a day of vacation from work and went to my local quilt shop, The Quilted Garden. It is only about 5 minutes from my house. I was there from 10am to 9pm sewing. I don't know a better way to spend a vacation day.

Late in the afternoon we had out monthly dinner and sew at the quilt shop. I am planning on taking vacation days on the scheduled dinner and sew day and go up to the shop early and spend the day sewing. I really got alot done.

On Friday I did finish sewing the last 3 out of 5 blocks I have so far for the Quilters Journey quilt. Now I need to mark the blocks and start stitching. I really don't like to trace the patterns! But I do enjoy stitching so I better get busy doing my tracing.

I did get my fall projects done, they are ready for quilting. When I get them back I will show you the completed projects. Saturday my friends and I went to another quilt shop, we go there once a month for Thimbleberries Club.

Sunday my best friend Ilene came over and we sewed from 8:30 to 7:30. I am really putting a great dent in my UFO'S. I finished blocks Sunday that I started in 2004. Now I just need to put the top together. I want to get that done this week.

I am trying to put some pictures of the quilt shop on, but for some reason I cannot put them on. When I am able to I will. I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend. I hope all of you had as much fun as I did.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome, Beth to the land of blogging. I found you through Kritie's blog.
I also am in the Thimbleberries group online that Kristie is in. Three years ago I went to Hutch. and the retreat.

Come visit my blog at Myquiltingporch

Lynda said...

What a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing some photos. Tracing definitely is the pits.

Jeanne said...

Quilty week-ends are just the best! You sure accomplished a lot and had fun along the way.