Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday Fun







What a fun day I had on Saturday. My sewing friends Ilene, Kaye and I went to a quilt shop called Helen's Hen House. This shop is located in Florissant, MO. We left in the morning all piling into Kaye's SUV. We call the SUV "White Lightening". White Lightening is the vehicle we like to take on our field trips. You never know what you might find to buy that you need the extra room.


At Helen's Hen House they have a lot of wool, yarn and really neat displays of Civil War books and fabric. I thought I would share some pictures for those who are interested in the Civil War Quilts.


We ate in the barn which is behind the Hen House. They were fixing BBQ Pork Steaks - WOW they were great. We all really enjoyed ourselves. We did have a mission for the day, it was to go and find wool for our retreat project.


I am the #1 planner for a retreat the last weekend of March. There will only be around 6 of us for the weekend. When I get our retreat project together I will show you. I need to get busy and do some more sewing. I almost have a top together from 2004! Enjoy the rest of your day, I hope you will come back and visit my blog.

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like you ladies had a nice day! I need to shop for Civil War fabrics, I will spend the week trying to find some around here. The closest quilt shop is almost 2 hours away.
Kristie

antique quilter said...

sounds like a fun trip, I love field trips like this!
I could click on the second picture to make it larger but not the first...would love to be able to see all those beautiful fabrics!
thanks
Kathie

Jeanne said...

It's always fun visiting a quilt shop and even better when you are with friends. Thanks for sharing the inside of the shop.

deb said...

OHHHHHHHH a wool retreat, sounds awesome, I went to a rug hooking retreat and just drooled over all the yummy wool, cant wait to see the project!!!!!!

Darlene said...

White Lightning and the girls whizzing down the interstate - LOL! What a delightful shop! Does sound like a fun day - field trips are so much fun.

I drive a white SUV and we load it up when we head north four times a year for a quilting retreat. I've learned to pack it well. LOL

Welcome to the blogging world - you're going to have so much fun.

~Bren~ said...

Welcome Beth!! Your blog is lovely! I enjoyed the civil war fabrics your showed. I am in Illinois also. We have some great quilt shops around here.

Chelle said...

Sounds like I need to drive over to Helen's and check out the wares. Linda B. and I keep saying we're going to go, but it hasn't happened yet. We just LOVE that wool...

Ginger Patches said...

Looks like you have some great shops in your area! And eating BBQ in the barn...perfect LOL! Quilt shopping with friends it the BEST!!!